Standard Symbolic Codes for Institutional Resource Collections in Herpetology & Ichthyology
Download the current list (version 6.5, published 16 Aug 2016) as PDF or Excel file.
Ichthylogical Collections and Curation Practices
1978 ASIH report on Ichthylological collections and curatorial practices.
Between 1980 and 1999 the ASIH Collections Committee published 12 "Curation Newsletters" on best practices and supplies.
- CURATION NEWSLETTER No. 1, June 1980
- CURATION NEWSLETTER No. 2, January 1981
- CURATION NEWSLETTER No. 3, June 1981
- CURATION NEWSLETTER No. 4, February 1982
- CURATION NEWSLETTER No. 5, October 1982
- CURATION NEWSLETTER No. 6, May 1983
- CURATION NEWSLETTER No. 7, July 1984
- CURATION NEWSLETTER No. 8, June 1986
- CURATION NEWSLETTER No. 9, Fall 1987
- CURATION NEWSLETTER No. 10, Spring 1990
- CURATION NEWSLETTER Number 11, 4 May 1995
- CURATION NEWSLETTER Number 12, 28 May 1999
2012 JMIH Collections Symposium
The Technology and Innovation in Herpetology and Ichthyology Collections was a full-day symposium for the 2012 Joint Meetings of Ichthyologists and Herpetologists (and 7th World Congress of Herpetology) held in Vancouver, British Columbia.
A total of twenty-four speakers contributed twenty-two 15-minute (or longer) talks on a wide variety of collections-related topics including: historical perspectives, digitization and georeferencing, tissue/DNA storage and recovery, NextGen sequencing, collections of histological, zoo and project-based specimens, use of collections in conservation and pedagogy, rehydration of fluid-preserved specimens, regulatory compliance, NSF programs and initiatives, and the tragic loss of the Instituto Butantan collection to fire.
See an overview, list of speakers, and abstracts from the symposium.
National Comparative Museum Salary StudyNational Comparative Museum Salary Study
Download the 2012 National Comparative Museum Salary Study prepared by the American Alliance of Museums.
This is a collection of curated links for Related Societies, General Resources, Herpetology Resources and Ichthyology Resources.
Visit the Society's Facebook page.
Follow @ASIHCopeia on Twitter.