Labs for Prospective Graduate Students and Postdocs
The following are two growing online spreadsheets of herpetologically- and ichthyologically-minded labs that are actively recruiting graduate students and/or postdocs. If you lab is actively recruiting, these spreadsheets also provide links for submitting your information.
Scientific and Standard English Names List
- Scientific and Standard English Names List of North American Amphibians and Reptiles North of Mexico, 8th Edition
The 8th Edition of the Scientific and Standard English Names List is the fourth complete document published by SSAR since Brian Crother was named chair of the committee in 1997 by SSAR president Henry Mushinsky. The committee is organized into subcommittees of experts on the separate taxonomic groups anurans, caudates, lizards (not including snakes), snakes, turtles, and alien (introduced) species. Since the inception of this committee, several contributors have come and gone, but their significant contributions to building the document remain. By its very nature, this document builds on the previous work of others who contributed to previous editions of this document. Because of this, these past contributors should also receive recognition for their work. While it is too late to include a “Past Contributors” in the 8th Edition, this companion note serves as that recognition now and will be included in the 9th Edition.
- David M. Green: 7th Edition, Anura
- Stephen G. Tilley: 5th, 6th, 7th Editions, Caudata (chair)
- David B. Wake: 5th, 6th, 7th Editions, Caudata
- Jack W. Sites, Jr: 5th Edition, Squamata - (excluding Snakes)
- Jonathan A. Campbell: 5th, 6th, 7th Editions, Squamata - Snakes
- Alexander Pyron: 7th Edition, Squamata – Snakes
- Travis W. Taggart: 5th Edition, Squamata – Snakes
National Comparative Museum Salary StudyNational Comparative Museum Salary Study
Download the 2012 National Comparative Museum Salary Study prepared by the American Alliance of Museums.
Ichthyological Collections and Curation Practices
1978 ASIH report on Ichthyological collections and curatorial practices.
Between 1980 and 1999 the ASIH Collections Committee published 12 "Curation Newsletters" on best practices and supplies.
- Curation Newsletter No. 1, June 1980
- Curation Newsletter No. 2, January 1981
- Curation Newsletter No. 3, June 1981
- Curation Newsletter No. 4, February 1982
- Curation Newsletter No. 5, October 1982
- Curation Newsletter No. 6, May 1983
- Curation Newsletter No. 7, July 1984
- Curation Newsletter No. 8, June 1986
- Curation Newsletter No. 9, Fall 1987
- Curation Newsletter No. 10, Spring 1990
- Curation Newsletter No. 11, May 1995
- Curation Newsletter No. 12, May 1999