Universidade Estadual Paulista
Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Closing Date
Application deadline 01 November 2021
A 2-year postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Claudio Oliveira at the Universidade Estadual Paulista. The successful candidate will work on projects involving molecular biodiversity, molecular systematic and biogeography of the order Siluriformes. The candidate will also help the P.I. mentor graduate students, teach evolutionary biology classes, and manage an active lab working on diverse grant-supported projects. The candidate also will have the opportunity to develop collaborative research project(s) that are directly related to Siluriformes phylogeny and biodiversity. The student will be supported by a research scholarship (about $ 1,500/month, plus insurance) for the first 2 years and this scholarship may be extended for 2 years more. Detailed instructions can be requested to Dr. Claudio Oliveira (claudio.oliveira [at] unesp.br).
The start date is 01 October 2021.
- A Ph.D. in Biology or related field with a focus on molecular systematics of fishes. Applicants must have been awarded a Ph.D. degree between November 2017 to October 2021.
- Previous research experience and a strong publication record.
- Field experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Minimal knowledge of Portuguese or Spanish.
- Molecular biology experience in the use of Next Generation Technologies (with associated skills in the bioinformatics analysis of these types of data) with fishes.
- Desire to teach graduate classes in evolutionary biology and systematics.
Interested individuals should send a cover letter, a CV, a 2-page (maximum) statement of interest including research and teaching background and goals and contact details for two individuals who could provide a confidential letter of recommendation to Dr. Claudio Oliveira (claudio.oliveira [at] unesp.br).