Louisiana State University Museum of Natural Science
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Closing Date
December 31, 2021
The Department of Biological Sciences and the Museum of Natural Science at Louisiana State University invite applications for a tenure-track faculty/curator position. The Department and Museum together house 60+ faculty spanning a range of disciplines, but with particular strengths in evolutionary biology, systematics, and ecology. We seek a biologist with a strong collections-based field program and expertise in the genetics of any group of vertebrates. Desirable disciplines include phylogenetics, comparative genomics, population genetics, molecular evolution, and related fields. The successful candidate will curate the Collection of Genetic Resources, one of the world’s largest and most-used vertebrate tissue collections. We seek a curator who will manage its existing resources while also fostering its growth through traditional and innovative approaches. We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty, and we strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and members of other groups underrepresented in science. We seek candidates whose research, teaching, curation, or service has prepared them to contribute to diversity and inclusion in higher education.
- 50% Develop and maintain an independent and extramurally funded research program ranging across all levels of biological organization.
- 25% Teach undergraduate and/or graduate-level courses in a biological sciences discipline, and direct/supervise graduate students. Participate in service activities pertaining to the mission of the Department, and the advancement of the profession.
- 25% Curate the Collection of Genetic Resources, including managing its use, maintenance, and growth.
- PhD in Biological Sciences or related field;
- Successful track record of productive research and publication, and postdoctoral experience;
- Strong background in building, managing, and using genetic resource collections is preferred.