Arizona Game and Fish Department
- Closing Date
February 2, 2020
The Arizona Game and Fish Department offers paid summer internship opportunities to current students, graduate and undergraduate. This is an excellent opportunity for students interested in gaining hands on practical work experience while working with a diverse group of professionals in the fields of wildlife science, biological science, wildlife management, and many other professions within the Department.
The Arizona Game and Fish Department is seeking students to work during the summer to perform duties in the area of wildlife management. Students will perform duties under close supervision. Duties may include: collecting data, tracking, monitoring and counting animals, computer entry, developing educational materials, conducting creel surveys, fish sampling, habitat measurement, fish stocking, hiking, camping, swimming or working varied hours. Fieldwork may involve long days outdoors in extreme temperatures.
Student interns are hired on a temporary basis and paid an hourly rate of $12.00 or $13.00 for returning interns. Interns are not benefit eligible and work at the discretion of the appointing authority. Interns may be employed through their approved assignment or the department determines that the work is no longer required. Assignments are typically full-time (unless indicated by hiring supervisor) and generally last between 8 to 12 weeks.
The anticipated start date for a majority of the internships is May 18, 2020.
See azgfd.com/agency/internships/ for more information.
- Currently enrolled in curriculum leading towards a Bachelor’s or higher level degree on a full time basis (usually 12 semester hours) and pursuing a major in Wildlife Biology or closely related field applicable to the internship opportunity (subject to verification)
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or above
- Ability to pass a post-offer physical exam (if applicable)
- Valid driver's license (free of restrictions, if applicable)
Apply online at azstatejobs.azdoa.gov/. Click “Search for Jobs” and select “Game and Fish Department” from the agency dropdown or search for Job Id 52995. Applications should include:
- Cover Letter – Optional – can list internship preference order, listed by the hiring supervisor name. Students may identify up to five internships that they have the most interest in.
- Resume – Must include: 1.) contact information, 2.) Current GPA/education information, 3.) work/volunteer experience, if applicable, to include title, dates, and summary of job duties/responsibilities, and 4.) at least three professional references.
- Transcripts – An unofficial is copy of your school transcripts is required. The transcript shall include the student’s full name, name of school, current GPA, and degree program. An official transcript may be required prior to appointment.