University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Closing Date
8 December 2020
The University of New Mexico (UNM) is seeking a full-time Program Specialist for the Museum Research Traineeship (MRT) Program that is funded by the National Science Foundation Research Traineeship program. The MRT is a new interdisciplinary graduate research training program addressing the NSF Big Idea of Harnessing the Data Revolution to train a diverse group of students in innovative ways to characterize and interpret museum objects (e.g., specimens, artifacts, archives) in the context of change over ecological and evolutionary timescales.
The Program Specialist is responsible for overseeing the planning, communication, implementation, and evaluation of the MRT program in close collaboration with the faculty leadership team and internal/external program evaluators. The Program Specialist is responsible for managing recruiting, educational, and training activities, and builds and maintains positive and effective working relationships with stakeholders crucial to the success of the MRT program. The program expects to directly support 40 graduate students over the next 5 years, and extend program benefits to other interested graduate and undergraduate student. This position offers an opportunity that integrates creativity and leadership with graduate education and training in STEM, with a major goal of recruiting and retaining a diverse group of student trainees. The position could also provide the opportunity for career development at UNM.
- High school diploma or GED;
- At least 6 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- BA or BS in STEM or STEM education fields.
- Experience working with graduate students, faculty, and staff in a higher education setting.
- Experience working with diverse communities and students in a higher education setting.
- Ability to manage detailed processes as demonstrated in application materials.
- Experience in collaborating with colleagues to achieve goals as demonstrated in application materials.
- Strong verbal communication skills and effective in presenting information to individuals and groups as demonstrated by application materials.
- Strong written communication skills as demonstrated by application materials
- Experience and knowledge of UNM Business software and Microsoft Office suite.
For more information on this position and to apply online, visit unmjobs.unm.edu (req 14042). Only applications submitted through the official UNMJobs site will be accepted.
Interested candidates should upload a letter of interest, an updated resume or CV (including relevant course work, research experience, and administrative experience), and contact information for 3 professional references with their applications.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.