H. T. Harvey & Associates
Los Gatos, California
- Closing Date
H. T. Harvey & Associates has an opening in our South San Francisco Bay Area office for an experienced wildlife ecologist/project manager. The duties expected of this position include managing all aspects of the biological components of CEQA/NEPA projects, endangered and threatened species surveys, federal and state Endangered Species Act consultations, and wildlife inventories and management plans, as well as managing staff, budgets, clients, and agency contacts. Other key responsibilities include business development, marketing, proposal preparation, staff training and supervision, and recruiting.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience, with at least 3 years of management experience
- Strong project management skills, including an ease with clients and strong organizational abilities for tracking project details, schedules, budgets, invoices, and subcontractors
- Academic background (Ph.D. or M.S. preferred), solid field experience, strong ecological knowledge, and experience in ecological consulting, particularly in California
- Experience providing guidance to clients regarding federal and state wildlife regulations, including CEQA/NEPA and Endangered Species Acts
- Solid technical writing ability
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Valid, state-issued driver’s license and clean driving record
- Willingness to work irregular hours (e.g., early mornings, late nights, weekends) as needed
- Ability to work in harsh and rapidly changing environments, work in all types of weather conditions, walking over varied terrain, bending, lifting, and carrying upwards of 50 pounds, and otherwise maintain good physical condition
- Familiarity with best practices for field safety and low impact principles
Interested candidates should respond by submitting a cover letter, resume, and transcripts through https://bit.ly/2Lh4dPT.
H. T. Harvey & Associates is an ecological consulting firm based in Los Gatos, California, with five offices in California and Hawaii. Our core areas of expertise are restoration ecology, landscape architecture, plant ecology, wildlife ecology, fish and aquatic ecology, and ecological research. We cultivate excellence in our staff and our work in pursuit of our mission to create ecologically sound solutions to our clients’ complex natural resource challenges.
Our employment package includes a competitive salary and medical, dental, and life insurance, as well as a 401(k) with a generous employer match.
H. T. Harvey & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities, disabled and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.