South Carolina Department of Natural Resources
- Closing Date
October 26, 2019
The successful candidate will join our South Carolina Department of Natural Resources (SCDNR) population genetics team to contribute to our population genetic and molecular tool research projects on marine and freshwater fishes in areas of stock enhancement, fisheries management, conservation, and tool development. Specific duties will include field and laboratory research, data collection and analysis, collection and data management, preparation of reports and presentations, authoring technical manuscripts, coordination and supervision of team personnel, proposal preparation, and budget management.
- Ph.D. in biology, marine science, or genetics;
- Demonstrated abilities to conduct population genetics research including experimental design, data collection and analyses, and report preparation;
- Publication record and experience with microsatellites and automated sequencing systems required;
- Have knowledge of marine and/or freshwater fishes of the southeastern US;.
- Strong communication, quantitative, organizational, computer, writing and inter-personal skills;
- Successful grant funding record preferred.
To apply, submit a state application and letter of interest via the SC State Job Website (www.jobs.sc.gov).