University of Texas at Arlington
- Closing Date
June 10, 2019
The Amphibian and Reptile Diversity Research Center (ARDRC) in the Biology Department at the University of Texas at Arlington is searching for a Curatorial Manager for its herpetology collection. Responsibilities include:
- Assist curators in the management, maintenance, and growth of the amphibian and reptile collection (more than 250,000 specimens);
- Manage a team of curatorial assistants and student workers;
- Participate in outreach and research.
Minimum required qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in life sciences or related field;
- Working knowledge of the taxonomy and identification of amphibians and reptiles;
- Demonstrable knowledge of care and management of natural history collections;
- Familiarity with biodiversity informatics.
We seek an energetic person who has the ability to work both independently and as part of a team and who has excellent organizational skills and a detail-oriented approach. The successful candidate will be motivated to develop new, creative projects that enhance the care and usefulness of the collection. The candidate should have:
- Basic knowledge of museum practices and standards for collection care;
- Excellent oral, written, supervisory, and basic mechanical skills;
- Computer skills and ability to adapt rapidly to changes in technology;
- The ability to interact in a positive and enthusiastic manner with others in the workplace;
- The ability to lift 20 lbs. is necessary because of the heavy nature of alcohol-preserved specimens in glass jars.
For full details and to apply: uta.peopleadmin.com/hr/postings/9084. (You will need to create a new account.)