H. T. Harvey & Associates
Los Gatos, California
- Closing Date
H. T. Harvey & Associates has an opening in our Los Gatos office for an experienced GIS Analyst. The selected candidate will join our GIS team and assist in providing technical GIS support to our ecologists. The position is a collaborative role involving frequent interactions with project managers and field staff members across several offices. Assignments likely will include data development, digitizing, advanced GIS spatial analysis, database design and editing, and final map creation.
- Two years of relevant experience
- Expertise in conducting spatial analyses and modeling, developing and managing databases, working with CAD files in GIS, conducting quantitative analyses (e.g., acreage calculations) using geospatial and tabular data, and efficiently creating professional maps
- Strong background in detailed and attractive map production
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in AutoCAD, Illustrator, Photoshop, or other graphics programs, as well as an artistic eye and creative graphics skills.
- Candidates with an M.S. or a Ph.D. in geography, GIS, or a related field are preferred, but applicants having a B.S. or B.A. combined with directly relevant experience will be considered.
Interested candidates should respond by submitting a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and references through this link: https://bit.ly/2OZm80p.
H. T. Harvey & Associates is an ecological consulting firm based near San Jose, California, with six offices in California and Hawai’i. Our core areas of expertise are restoration ecology, landscape architecture, plant ecology, wildlife ecology, fish and aquatic ecology, and ecological research. Our work is on projects that involve wildlife habitat; threatened and endangered plant, animal, and fish species; habitat restoration and native landscape design; habitat conservation plans; renewable energy facilities; and more. We cultivate excellence in our staff and our work in pursuit of our mission to create ecologically sound solutions to our clients’ complex natural resource challenges.
Our employment package includes a competitive salary, medical, dental, and life insurance, as well as a 401K with generous employer match.
H. T. Harvey & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities, disabled persons and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.